– how to ‘go with the flow’ day by day for weeks months or years
- ‘lack of breast stimulation suppresses milk flow and production’
- ‘a well drained breast produces most milk’
… a well drained breast is never ’empty’. Baby takes one third of the milk available. 30 minutes later more milk is available for the baby.
- balance of fat and lactose
As the feed progresses, at each burst of milk flow or “Milk Ejection Reflex” (MER) the fat cells get bigger and flow through the cell membrane at a faster rate. That is how baby gets a balance of fat milk.
- ‘the brain the breast and the baby work as a team’
Work with your baby. Watch the suckling patterns and go with the flow. You can see and hear when baby is swallowing and taking milk from the breast.
Watch the video on this web site by Jack Newman