‘Breasts Work’ focuses on 5 phases
- milk preparation – explains how breast function begins during pregnancy to prepare milk for baby.
- milk ‘coming in’ – tells how to manage the first and next breastfeeds as milk production increases.
- too much milk – is most often during the second week when breasts are full and firm.
- not enough milk – provides strategies for maximizing milk yield in minimum time to meet baby needs.
- enough milk – illustrates how to ‘go with the flow’ throughout the months and/or years ahead.
Lactation is womens’ work that is why breasts work!